Clarified butter: 2 tbsp
Onions, sliced: 6
Tomatoes, thickly sliced: 2
Breadcrumbs: 1/2 cup
Apples, peeled & sliced: 4
Green chilies,finely chopped & deseeded: 2
Coriander leaves, chopped: 2 tbsp
Vegetable stock: 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Heat a pan, melt 1 tbsp clarified butter & lightly saute’ onions till they turn pink.
2) Remove with a slotted spoon.
3) In the same pan,add tomatoes & cook till they turn soft & drain them off as well. Reserve the juices.
4) Heat another pan, add 1 tbsp of clarified butter & lightly saute’ breadcrumbs till they change color.
5) Grease a baking dish & arrange a layer of onions, place the apple slices & then top it up with tomatoes.
6) Sprinkle green chilies & coriander leaves.
7) Pour the reserved juices & the vegetable stock, heated over the vegetables.
8) Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
9) Cover & bake at 190 deg C for 30 minutes.
10) Uncover & cook another 15 mins.
NOTE: This is a very unique tasting dish which will surprise your taste buds. Enjoy!