Fish, sliced: 300 gm
Salt to taste
White pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice: 1
Flour: 2 tbsp
Olive oil: 4 tbsp
Green chili, slit: 2
Onions, sliced: 2
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Garlic, chopped: 3
Capsicum, julienne: 1/4
Red pepper, julienne: 1/4
Yellow pepper, julienne: 1/4
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Tomato paste: 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves, chopped: 1 tbsp
Parsley, chopped: 1 tbsp
1) Take a platter, place the fish pieces, sprinkle salt, white pepper powder, lemon juice & keep aside for 15 mins.
2) Sprinkle 1 tbsp of olive oil over it.
3) Dust with flour.
4) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan, sear the pieces on both sides in this, till they turn a golden brown color. Drain.
5) Place the fish pieces on a baking tray & bake them at 150 deg C for 5 mins.
6) For the sauce, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a wok, add onions, cumin seeds, green chilies, garlic & cook for 3 mins on high.
7) Add capsicum, red, yellow peppers & saute’ on high for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
8) Add coriander powder, tomato paste, salt & lemon juice.
9) Cook for 2 mins, finishing off with coriander leaves & parsley.
10) Serve hot with Arabic sauce.
NOTE: This is an extremely popular dish from the Arab world, very similar to our Indian cuisine. Tomato paste is a blend of tomatoes with garlic & onions. Enjoy!