Aubergines, medium sized: 4
Salt to taste
Olive oil: 4 tbsp
Onions, sliced: 2
Tomato, sliced: 2
Nutmeg powder: a pinch
Garlic, chopped: 2
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Sugar: 1/4 tsp
Parsley, chopped: 1 tbsp
1) Cut aubergines into half & then lengthwise.
2) Sprinkle salt & let stand for 30 mins.
3) Rinse with cold water & then pat dry.
4) Take a pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil & sauté onions till they turn soft.
5) Transfer 3/4 th of this onto a casserole.
6) Add tomatoes to the remaining onions in the pan & cook for 3 mins & allow to soften.
7) Sprinkle nutmeg powder & salt.
8) Place the aubergines on top of the onions I the casserole, then sprinkle garlic & the onion tomato mixture.
9) Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder & sugar.
10) Dribble 2 tbsp olive oil & parsley.
11) Cover with an aluminium foil & bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30 mins.
12) Uncover & let bake for 10 mins more.
13) Serve hot with parsley.
NOTE: This is a very delicious recipe which makes the humble aubergine to an exotic level. Enjoy !