Aubergine, long variety: 2
Cooking oil to deep fry: 1/2 cup
Olive oil: 2 tsp
Onions, chopped: 2 tbsp
Carrots, finely chopped: 1
French beans, finely chopped: 6
Tomatoes, finely chopped: 1
Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
White pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Parsley, chopped: 1 tbsp
Cheese, grated: 1/4 cup
- Halve aubergines & scoop the insides with the help of a spoon.
- Deep fry the skin till pale golden brown on medium high heat.
- Heat a wok, add olive oil, onions & allow to sweat.
- Add the scooped aubergine pulp, finely chopped along with carrots.
- Cook on high for 3 mins, before adding french beans & sauté further for a minute.
- Add tomatoes & cook for 5 mins, then add water & let simmer for a couple of mins.
- Add tomato ketchup, salt, white pepper powder & parsley.
- Sprinkle half the qty of cheese, mix well & remove.
- Stuff this filling into the aubergine shells, sprinkle the remaining parsley & cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 5 mins.
- Serve as a side dish. NOTE: Egyptians like their cuisine to be spice free & this is one of their specials, Enjoy!