Cooking oil: 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Split black gram: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: a sprig
Green chilies, slit: 3
Onions, finely chopped: 2
Carrots, sliced: 2
Coconut, grated: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1) Heat a pan, add oil, mustard seeds & the lentil.
2) Allow to splutter & add curry leaves & green chilies.
3) Add onions & cook for 5 mins on med high flame.
4) Add carrot slices & toss well for 5 mins more.
5) Finally add coconut & salt.
6) Give it a one minute toss & serve hot.
NOTE: This is a side dish from the South Indian cuisine, delicious to the core. Enjoy!