Chicken, boneless cubes: 400 gm
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Rosemary: 1 tsp
Lime juice: 1 tsp
Flour: 1/4 cup
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
FOR THE SAUCE
Onions, sliced: 1
Garlic, chopped: 1 tsp
Capsicum, julienne: 1/4 cup
Mushrooms, sliced: 1/4 cup
White wine: 2 tbsp
Red chilies, chopped: 1
Tomato concasse: 1/2 cup
- Marinate chicken in salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp rosemary & lime juice.
- Let sit for a minimum of 20 mins for the flavors to seep in.
- Sprinkle flour onto a platter & coat the chicken cubes with it, dusting off extra.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, shallow fry the chicken cubes till they turn a pale golden brown.
- Remove onto a kitchen absorbent napkin.
- In the same pan, add onions & sweat for a minute, before dunking in garlic.
- Saute for 30 secs more before adding capsicum & mushrooms.
- Pour in white wine & allow a gentle boil to come.
- Add in red chilies, 1/2 tsp rosemary & mix in nicely.
- Allow the wine to reduce by half, then add tomato concasse.
- Cook for 3-4 mins, then add the fried chicken cubes.
- Check for seasoning & adjust salt along with 1/4 tsp black pepper powder.
- Serve hot with rice which has been tossed in butter & chopped parsley. Note: This is a classic recipe of the Italian cuisine with subtle mix of spice with wine. Enjoy!