Chicken boneless, cubed: 250 gm
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Red chilli paste: 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Tandoori masala powder: 1 tsp
Green chilli, chopped: 1
Chat masala: 1/4 tsp
Hung curd: 2 tbsp
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves, chopped: 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Flour: 1 cup
Potato, boiled, peeled & mashed: 1
Onion, chopped: 1
- Marinate chicken in salt, turmeric powder, red chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala powder, green chilies, chat masala & hung curd for at least half an hour.
- Now knead the dough by adding flour to a bowl & sprinkle salt, 1 tsp of olive oil & mashed potato.
- Mix well with fingers & gradually add water to form a smooth dough, cover & keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, add salt, black pepper powder & 1 tsp of coriander leaves.
- Mix well,
- Heat a pan, add olive oil & sear the marinated chicken chunks for 4- 5 mins, stirring continuously till well cooked.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves & keep aside.
- Heat a skillet & roll out small discs of the dough & cook on low heat for a minute on either side.
- Remove onto a platter.
- Heat a pan, add egg mixture & make thin omelettes.
- Place the omelette onto the cooked roomali roti, then the chicken mixture on the center of the roti.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves & chopped onion.
- Roll the roomali roti after folding from both the sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
- NOTE: Roomali roti is prepared with a smooth dough kneaded with all purpose flour, pinch of salt & water!