Chickpeas: 1 cup
Spring onions, chopped: 4
Coriander leaves,chopped: 2 tbsp
Parsley fresh, chopped: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Baking soda: a pinch
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Dry crumbs: 1 cup
Olive oil: 1 cup
1) Soak chickpeas overnight.
2) Drain & place in a blender, add garlic & spring onions. Blend.
3) Remove, add coriander leaves, parsley & chill in the fridge.
4) After about 1/2 an hour, remove, add salt, baking soda, black pepper powder, cumin powder, red chili powder & give it a quick mix.
5) Add 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs & mix well.
6) Make croquettes & coat with 1/2 cup bread crumbs & deep fry in olive oil till golden brown.
NOTE: This is a middle eastern recipe, a classic, so simple to make, yet exotic in taste. Enjoy!