Sugar: 1/2 cup
Milk: 3 tbsp
Semolina: 1 tbsp
Mawa, grated: 200 gm
Flour: 2 tbsp
Green cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Clarified butter, for deep frying: 1 cup
- Heat a wok, add sugar & 1/4 cup water.
- Make a single thread consistency sugar syrup, adding 1 tsp milk.
- Remove & allow to cool at room temperature.
- Take a bowl, add semolina & milk.
- Keep aside for sometime.
- In another bowl, add mawa, flour, green cardamom powder & mix well.
- Add semolina mixture & knead together as a dough.
- Add 1 tbsp clarified butter & re knead the dough.
- Grease your palms with clarified butter & make small roundels.
- Heat a wok, add clarified butter & allow to heat on a medium heat.
- Add 5-6 number of roundels , swirl in circular motion & remove.
- Drop into the cooled sugar syrup.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pistachio slivered. NOTE: This is a classic Indian dessert, made easy. You can stuff the gulab jamun with nuts chopped & dribble chocolate sauce. Adding milk while making sugar syrup helps in removing all impurities. Mawa is thickened mass of milk. Enjoy!