Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Onion, finely chopped:1
Garlic, chopped: 2
Ginger, chopped: 1″
Celery, chopped: 1 stalk
French beans, finely chopped: 6
Mushrooms, sliced: 6
Cabbage, shredded: 1/2
Soy sauce: 2 tbsp
Green chilli sauce: 2 tbsp
Veg stock: 4 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
White pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Sugar: 1/2 tsp
Cornflour: 3 tsp
Red pepper, finely chopped: 1/4
Spring onion greens, chopped: 2 stalks
White vinegar: 1 tsp
- Heat a wok, add cooking oil, add onions, garlic & ginger.
- Stir fry on high for 2 mins, before adding celery & french beans.
- Toss for a couple of mins, before tipping in mushrooms.
- Further cook for 2 mins, before tossing in cabbage.
- Add soy sauce & green chilli sauce.
- Mix well, then add veg stock.
- Allow a boil to come.
- Season with salt, white pepper powder & sugar.
- Take a small bowl, add cornflour, dissolve in 3 tbsp water & mix well.
- Gradually trickle into the boiling soup, stirring all the time.
- Add red pepper & spring onion greens.
- Finish off by adding vinegar.
- Serve hot with crispy fried noodles. NOTE: Green chilli sauce can be replaced by green chilli paste/ red chilli paste or red chilli sauce. Non-vegetarians can add 1 whisked egg & shredded & boiled chicken just before adding vinegar. Enjoy!