Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Garlic, chopped: 2
Onion, sliced: 1
Tomato, chopped: 1
Basil leaves, hand torn: 4
Lettuce leaves, hand torn: a bundle
Cream: 1 tbsp
Parmesan cheese: 1 tsp
Milk: 1 tbsp
Veg stock: 1 cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
- Heat a pan, add olive oil & allow to warm.
- Add garlic & sauté for 30 secs, then toss in onions.
- Cook on high for 2 mins, before adding tomatoes.
- Let soften for another couple of mins, then add basil leaves & lettuce leaves.
- Allow to wilt, for about a minute or two, then add cream, Parmesan & milk.
- Mix well & then add veg stock.
- Once it boils, season with salt & black pepper powder.
- Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove from flame & cool a little.
- Blend to a thick puree & serve as an accompaniment. NOTE: This is best to be served as an accompaniment to stuffed tomatoes/capsicum, etc. Enjoy!