Flour: 250 gm
Sugar: 1 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
Yeast powder: 1 tsp
Milk: 1/2 tsp
Clarified butter: 1 tbsp
FOR THE MINCE FILLING
Minced meat: 500 gm
Clarified butter: 3 tbsp
Ginger, chopped: 1 ”
Garlic, chopped: 1 tsp
Onion, finely chopped: 1
Green chillies, chopped: 1
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
All spice powder: 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped: 1 tbsp
Tomatoes, blanched & chopped: 2
1) For the dough, add yeast & sugar to the warm milk, cover & leave it in a warm place for 15-20 mins or until it rises.
2) In a bowl, add flour, salt, clarified butter & baking powder.
3) Add yeast mixture, the egg & curds to it.
4) Knead it into a soft dough.
5) Cover & keep it for 2-3 hours, then divide into small portions.
6) For the mince meat filling, heat clarified butter in a pan, add ginger, garlic, green chilies & cook out for 30 seconds.
7) Add onions & sauté for 4 mins until golden brown.
8) Add mince meat & cook for 5 mins on high till it changes colour.
9) Add salt, red chilli powder, all spice powder & powder.
10) Add in tomatoes & further cook for 4 mins.
11) Add in coriander leaves & remove. Cool.
12) Roll out discs & fill in the filling. Shape into Naan shape & bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 8 – 10 mins.
NOTE: The same can be made with cottage cheese filling for the vegetarians .Enjoy !!