Chicken fillets: 4
Parmesan cheese, grated: 50 gm
Breadcrumbs: 200 gm
Rosemary: 1 sprig
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter: 6 tbsp
Garlic, chopped: 2
Asparagus: a bunch
Almonds, slivered: 2 tbsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Take a bowl, add Parmesan, breadcrumbs, rosemary, black pepper powder & salt.
- Heat a pan, add 3 tbsp butter & allow to melt.
- Add garlic & let cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove & dip each chicken fillet into the garlic butter.
- Then roll each of them into the Parmesan mix & remove.
- Preheat an oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins.
- Place each chicken fillet on a greased baking tray & bake them for 40-45 mins until golden brown.
- Take care to change sides halfway through, drizzling the butter garlic mixture over it.
- In the meanwhile, heat a pot full of water, add salt & dunk in the asparagus spears for 10 mins, until tender.
- Remove into a bowl & keep aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan, add almonds slivered & cook for 3 mins, till they turn a golden brown.
- Remove from heat & sprinkle lemon juice.
- Pour over the boiled asparagus.
- Serve the baked chicken fillets along with the asparagus. NOTE: This is a satiating meal on a hot sultry day. More accompaniments could be crisp mixed lettuce with a dribble of balsamic reduction sauce, in which brown sugar has been added. Enjoy!