Clarified butter: 2 tbsp
Brown cardamom: 2
Bay leaves: 2
Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
Onion, sliced: 1
Lamb with bone: 500 gm
Salt to taste
Caraway seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts: a handful
Cream: 1/2 cup
Green cardamom powder: a pinch
Basmati rice: 2 cup
1) Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp clarified butter, cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon, fennel seeds & allow to splutter for 30 seconds, without allowing it to burn.
2) Add onions & allow to turn brown, stirring occasionally.
3) Add lamb & cook on high till it turns a dark brown.
4) Season with salt & add 3 cups of water.
5) Once a boil covers, add a cover & allow to simmer for a minimum of 30 mins.
6) Drain & reserve the stock.
7) Separately in a pan, heat 1 tbsp clarified butter & add caraway seeds.
8) Once they splutter, add cashew nuts & cream.
9) Cook on very slow flame adding cardamom powder & add to the reserved stock.
10) Re flame the stock & add the rice, soaked for 1/2 an hour & cook till rice is tender.
NOTE: If desired, the lamb pieces can be added to the pilaf. Enjoy!