Chicken breasts: 4
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
Chicken stock: 1 cup
Thyme: 1/2 tsp
Orange juice: 1 cup
Zest of an orange
Red chilli flakes: 1/4 tsp
- Season chicken with salt & black pepper powder for 15 mins.
- Heat a pan, add olive oil & pan sear the breasts for 8-10 mins, turning once until golden on each side.
- Add chicken stock & allow to simmer for 15 mins.
- In the meanwhile simmer orange juice & zest on a slow flame, sprinkling red chilli flakes.
- Add to the cooking chicken & add thyme.
- Continue to simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove the chicken & continue to reduce the sauce for another 10 mins, on a simmer.
- Slice the chicken & pour the sauce over.
- Suggested accompaniments would be mashed potatoes & a fresh green salad. NOTE: This is an ideal summery dish with subtle flavours. Enjoy!