Chicken breast: 4
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Chicken stock: 300 ml
Marmalade: 4 tbsp
Thyme, fresh; 1 tsp
- Marinate chicken breasts with salt & black pepper powder for a minimum of an hour.
- Heat a pan, add olive oil & sear the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- This should take about 8-10 mins, turning once & then add chicken stock & allow a boil to come.
- Add marmalade & cook for 5 mins before, before dunking in thyme.
- Simmer further for 5 mins.
- Remove the chicken onto a platter & cook the sauce further till its thick in consistency.
- Pour the sticky sauce over the chicken breasts. NOTE: This is an unusual dish with distinct flavor. Best accompaniments are mashed potatoes & a fresh green salad. Enjoy!