Sugar: 1 1/2 cups
Water: 1 1/2 litres
Almonds: 1 tbsp
Milk: 1 cup
Melon seeds: 1 tbsp
Poppy seeds: 1 tbsp
Aniseed: 1/2 tbsp
Rose water: 1/2 tsp
Black peppercorns, whole: 1 tbsp
Rose petals (dry/fresh): 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
- Soak sugar in 1/2 litre of water & keep aside.
- Soak almonds, milk, melon seeds, poppy seeds, aniseed, rose water, black peppercorns, rose petals in 1/2 litre of water for a minimum of two hours.
- Grind to a fine paste in a grinder.
- Add 1/2 litre of water & blend again.
- Place a strong muslin cloth & strain.
- Press tightly till all extract is removed.
- Stir in cardamom powder & the sugar solution.
- Chill in the fridge & serve chilled. NOTE: This is a ritual drink served during Holi festival, a festival of colorus. Enjoy!